Adam Gowans is the youngest of five Air Force brats, out of which his siblings have voted him the weirdest. He loves anything that deals with stories, including movies, novels, television dramas, music, video games, manga/manhwa, and webtoons.
In his mid-twenties, he lived and taught English in South Korea for four years before returning to the States to live, like many LDS authors, in Utah.
His first novel is On Angelic Wings, which has a planned sequel, but the sequel will be released after two other novels that are calling for his attention.
Ever since magic caused his mother's death, Ha-Neul, crown prince of Balhae, hates witches and the magic they wield. He has instituted harsh laws against all magic users.
Lisa is a young witch working undercover as a servant in his palace, hoping to gain freedom for her people. The last thing the two expect is to fall in love. But when Ha-Neul learns that Lisa is not only a witch, but the daughter of the Prince of Vires, land of witches, he banishes her. Distracted by heartbreak, he is caught off-guard by a military coup.
In hiding and on the run, Ha-Neul swallows his pride and travels with his siblings to Vires, planning to beg Lisa's aid, only to learn that she has mysteriously vanished.
Now his only hope in reclaiming his kingdom and reuniting with Lisa lies in the remote Northern Mountains, a country no one has ever penetrated and rumored home of a powerful magic source. There, Ha-Neul learns that a being powerful beyond comprehension has been carefully guiding his destiny. But if Ha-Neul can't let go of his hatred of all things magic, and accept the new path offered to him, it will mean the destruction of his entire world.
Top Ten List:
10 Fun Facts
1. I love chocolate. I always have a stash of Lindor Truffles and Reese’s, my favorite Reese’s being the large Easter’ eggs and Christmas trees. I also eat chocolate every day, sometimes with all three meals.
2. I only buy the physical copies of books that I really like. All my other copies are digital. I started doing this after I moved to South Korea and had very limited living space.
3. I spent a few hundred dollars collecting all of the single volumes of the manga Skip Beat! while I lived in South Korea. I still buy the new volumes as they come out and read each new chapter online every month.
4. I like to cook, but I prefer cooking when it’s for more people than just me; otherwise, I cook simple meals.
5. My favorite video game series is Kingdom Hearts. I own multiple copies off the main games. However, my favorite standalone (which is standalone for now) is Horizon Zero Dawn.
6. I own four of the Harry Potter books with the original British covers (1, 3, 5, and 6) because I was given them while I lived in South Korea, but sadly can’t afford to try to buy the others.
7. Weird fact: I have seven moles on my right arm that form a dipper.
8. I was a bad student in university. I hardly ever did the reading assigned for my English classes. I always preferred to read a novel of my own choosing. Then I skimmed whatever reading was appropriate for the essays I wrote for class.
9. Though my two novels are Sci Fi/Fantasy, I very rarely read that genre anymore.
10.I’ll hold conversations with myself as different characters. It helps me hear their voice better and get to know them more.