"Heather Wallace is a wife, mother, entrepreneur, writer, equestrian, and animal massage therapist.
Her first book, Equestrian Handbook of Excuses, was a 2017 Literary Selection for the Equus Film Festival. Her second book, Confessions of a Timid Rider, is an autobiography detailing Heather Wallace’s insights about being an anxiety-ridden but passionate equestrian.
After returning to riding as a mother, she is determined to follow her dreams despite the fear she is somehow lacking in talent or ability. An in-depth look into the heart and head of a returning adult equestrian, this message is not limited only those with horse experience.
In fact, Confessions of a Timid Rider is the perfect book to read for anyone whom even for a moment questions their value in their designated profession or life choice. This book will inspire you to pursue your dreams despite the inner voice that says you aren’t good enough.
"For a long time I let that fear get in my way. I always felt like I was missing something when I stepped away from horses during my teens.
I’ve come a long way since I took that first step back to horsemanship as an adult. When I say I am a timid rider, it is not because I am scared to ride. Oh no, it is because I am scared to fail. I am scared that I cannot live up to my own expectations. That my insecurities will hold me back. Or that I will let my anxiety be greater than my passion once again and step away, or worse, not try to be the person I want to be. My self doubt tries to hold me back but I refuse to give in.
These are the confessions of a timid rider."
Top Ten List:
10 Fun Facts About Me
1. I was born in California, lived a short while in Washington State and was raised primarily in New Jersey. I’m proud to be a Jersey Girl. I’m bold, sassy, and sometimes a little too unfiltered but in the very best of ways.
2. I got my first tattoo at the age of 36. My husband thought I was crazy. Now I’ve added to my collection.
3. I am an avid animal lover and have had a cat, dogs, and a pony! My dream would be to one day have a small farm.
4. I am a certified animal massage therapist. My day job is helping horses and dogs with sports massage to find and treat muscle spasms and areas of inflammation.
5. I am terrified of spiders. I love bats, will handle snakes, and have even spent time with rats. But show me a spider and I’ll run the other way. FAST.
6. The first time I rode a horse independently I panicked and jumped off before I even started the ride.
7. I love to travel and as of August will have been to four of the seven continents.
8. I love food. I’ve never been on a diet because I am too much of a hedonist when it comes to food. While I’ll dine at the finest restaurants in the world, my go to comfort food is macaroni and cheese. Carbs don’t like me but I like them.
9. I am more graceful on a horse than I am on the ground. I’m a huge clutz and have been known to walk into parking meters, doors, and slide down steps on a regular basis.
10.I read tarot cards. I’m not sure how good I am at it, but I have never been steered wrong yet!