Thursday, October 18, 2018

Monster Mash Countdown Blitz: WHERE THE RIVER BENDS





I have been reading love stories for as long as I can remember and when I ‘met’ the classic authors like Jane Austen, Elizabeth Gaskell, Henry James The Brontë sisters, etc. during my Honours studies, I was hooked for life.

I married my college boyfriend and soul mate and after 43 years, 3 interesting and wonderful children and 3 beautiful grandchildren, he still makes me weak in the knees. We are fortunate to live in the picturesque little seaside village of Betty's Bay, South Africa with the ocean a block away and a beautiful mountain right behind us. And although life so far has not always been an easy ride, it has always been an exiting and interesting one!

I like the heroines in my stories to be beautiful, feisty, independent and headstrong.  And the heroes must be strong but possess a generous amount of sensitivity. They are of course, also gorgeous!  My stories typically incorporate the family background of the characters to better understand where they come from and who they are when we meet them in the story.




"Kalinda Evans works for the Anglo-Boer war foundation in Canada. She's sent to South Africa to make sure everyone who lost their lives in the war will be remembered. On her drive to the guest farm in Kimberley, South Africa, Kalinda picks up a female hitchhiker and is startled when just moments later, the woman vanishes. Kalinda would be convinced she was dreaming…except there’s still a white lace handkerchief on the passenger seat.

Extreme sports enthusiast and computer game designer Zack Carter is always after the next big challenge. He’s far too busy for romance and adheres to a three-date rule, until he meets his parents’ latest guest. When she relays the story of her mysterious experience, Zack’s family shares the local ghost story. Kalinda and Zack work together to solve the puzzle of the ghost and how it all ties in with the war and the work Kalinda is doing.

As their attraction grows, Zack realizes he no longer feels the need to prove anything to himself. He only needs to prove to Kalinda that he’s more than a good time."





Q&A with the Author:

1.       When did you start writing, and was there a specific event or person who influenced you to become an author?
I started writing in 2008 when I entered an Afrikaans romance wirting competition. I was fortunate enough to win an the prize was that my story was published. I’ve always loved reading romance novels and once I’ve told one story, I couldn’t stop! 


2.       Are you currently working on a project, and if so, can you tell us anything about it?
I’m currently working on another Afrikaans story, but Tule Publishing will be releasing a series of three stories about three brothers and the women they fall in love with in 2019!


3.       What is your favorite writing snack?
Tea and rusks.


4.       If you could have dinner with any of your characters, which ones would you choose? Why? What food would you serve?
I’d love to join Zack and Kalinda for dinner to see first hand the undeniable spark between the two of them! I’d cook them a ‘waterblommetjie' stew. ‘Waterblommetjies’ literally means water flowers, something you find in dams around the countryside this time of year. The taste reminds one of green beans but it has a very unique taste. It was traditionally cooked with ‘suring’ a sour-tasting plant but you can also use use lemons with it and lots of black pepper. 


5.       Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
You have to deal with past hurts so that you can move forward. Both Zach and Kalinda have issues from their pasts they have to deal with and while they are trying to solve Suzie’s past, they also manage to find a way to deal with their own


6.       How do you relax, or what do you enjoy doing when you are not writing?
I knit and I crochet - my hands have to stay busy! I also enjoy to cook for the people I love. But when I really have time to relax, I read. Escaping between the pages of a book has been my way of escaping from reality ever since I was a little girl.

7.       What is your largest unfulfilled dream, and what are you doing to reach it?
I married my soul mate, we have three children and have also been blessed with three little grandsons, so most of my dreams have been fulfilled. But if someone wants to use any of the stories I’ve written to write a screen play, I’d be thrilled to bits!


8.       What do you fear most?
I don’t think I’d like to encounter a real-life ghost!


9.       What was your favorite Halloween Costume?
We don’t really celebrate Halloween in South Africa but I’d love a Superwoman outfit!







To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 





No comments:

Post a Comment