Thursday, December 13, 2018

Christmas Countdown: CHRISTMAS ON A MISSION by Hannah R. Conway





Hannah Conway is a military wife, mother of two, middle school teacher, best-selling author, and popular speaker.

Her novels are a deployment experience of their own, threaded with faith, and filled with twists.

Hannah is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers, and My book Therapy. 

She and her family live in Tennessee.







Audria Rylatt is the school system’s liaison for homeless students. She strives to make Christmas bright for hundreds, while the season brings only heartache after her fiancĂ© was killed in combat nearly two years ago. So when her family decides to play matchmaker, she is less than thrilled. To make matters worse, they’ve invited a soldier friend of her deceased fiancĂ© to the family cabin for the holiday.

But she’s surprised to find this soldier, Quinton Nolan, standing at the door of heart. Faced with painful memories, the despair Christmas brings her, and the fear to love again, Audria is in desperate need of a Christmas miracle. Or at least some of the hope Christmas seems to offer so many. Can she embrace a new mission? If so, Christmas may stand to deliver a lifetime of magical memories.
  
“Christmas on a Mission” is a delightful story of hope, life, love, and second chances, filled with all the joy and cheer Christmas brings."




Q&A With the Author:

1.  Describe yourself in 50 words or less.
            I’m high energy. A go-getter, a dreamer. Sometimes I bite off more than I can chew, but have learned to ask others for help and trust in their abilities. Definitely optimistic, loyal almost to a fault, and have this irritating need to understand everything, and see things from all aspects.

2. What do you love most in the world?
            My initial response is my family. As I think on it, it’s more like I love being in their presence. When we’re sitting at dinner, or playing a board game. I love watching their faces, their smiles, hearing their voice and listening to them share about their day.

3. What inspired you to become an Author?
            The thrill of creating is compelling, and I felt that tug from a very young age. First grade…so around the age of six or seven. I began drawing and writing, telling and making up stories for fun.

4. What is your favorite Winter / Holiday tradition?
            Our family really enjoys going to our Church’s Christmas Eve Candle Light Service every year. It’s a beautiful experience.

5. What is your trick for getting past writer's block? And what advice do you have for other authors who are struggling to tell their story?
            Writer’s block is no fun, but I find if I sit down and just begin typing what’s on my mind, soon the words start flowing. My advice: sit and write what’s on your mind.


6. Now that we've gotten to know each other, tell me a story. It can be long or short. From your childhood or last week. Funny, sad, or somewhere in between. Just make sure it's yours. What's your story?
            I’ll share a sweet memory.
            I grew up in Kentucky on a handful of acres outside of the quaintest and most charming little town. When our barn wasn’t filled with tobacco, my brother and I transformed it into the most magical of playing places. It became a mansion, a racetrack, arena, jungle, Gotham city, and on some occasions, a theater.
            When the light was just right, streaming rays of sunshine would shine through the barn slats and create a lovely ambiance fit for any theater performer—such as I. My child voice was lovely—or so I thought. The equivalent of any Disney Princess. So I danced and twirled, my bare feet pounding on the dirt floor of the barn. My voice was loud, hands raised, eyes closed, and I would sing until my throat gave out. When my songs had finished, I’d bow to my make-believe crowd and hurry back to the house for supper.
            Now I’m grown and a mother to a singing, twirling, dancing little girl. She captures my attention, and I’m in awe of her innocence, and purity—how she truly is this wonderful creation, and how lucky I am to be her mother.

           





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour 
visit our Part 2 Official Event page
    




No comments:

Post a Comment