Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Perils of Not Keepin' Up

*
Well, did I get a wake-up call today!

I started my heavy-duty science research on Aurora Rescue in April 2009. Several of my files show a date of April 24, 2009. The latest word was that Solar Cycle 24 was expected to peak on one of two months: either a large high in October 2011, or a small high in August 2012. I set my novel in June, 2012, in the middle of those two dates.

Wouldn't you know it, on May 29, 2009, a mere five weeks after my massive research effort into the subject, NASA came out with a new prediction that the Solar Cycle 24 high will be in May 2013.

So, I am down to one and a half chapters left to go. Today I changed my novel's event calendar to reflect a solar cycle in 2013 instead of 2012. Now I need to go back and change a few things in the body of the novel. That is the bad news.

The good news is, I have another year before my futuristic events are part of the past. Thank goodness I ruled out any connection to the Mayan prophecy of 2012 a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment