Got that word count right down to acceptable numbers today. 106,648, and still editing.
How did I cut that much? Simple. I wrote this book a chapter at a time, one chapter equals one document. Then I combined groups of chapters into sections. Once I finished all my chapters and all four of my sections. I made one GIANT book-length file by combining all the sections. But, I made one eensy-weensy mistake. As I did the copy and paste for section three into the book-length file, I hit the "paste" twice.
Now that I have taken the second "paste" out, it dropped my manuscript from the 130,321 words (most recent count prior) down to 106,648.
Not the prolific writer I thought I was.
I can live with that. It puts me in the safe zone between 90,000 and 110,000 words. Now, I just need to finish my edit for the rest of the book and work on those queries to prospective agents.